Kairos charges fees for damages, goods, and additional a la carte services.
- Repair costs for damage to our property
- Repair costs for damage to our Chromebook or charger, whether intentional or not
- You have the option of $30 in annual insurance paid upfront or $45 repair fee per incident. (More information in the Kairos Internet and Device Acceptable Use Policy.) You will have the opportunity to buy insurance in the two weeks following your student’s enrollment, or August 30th.
- Meal plans for students who do not qualify for free-or-reduced-price breakfasts and lunches.
- Class books or library books which are checked out but not returned.
- Fees for additional programs that Kairos coordinates but does not offer directly, including Mandarin (covering cost of language tutor), sports (covering costs of jerseys, coaches, facilities), and certain clubs that require additional expenses. (Scholarships are available.)
- Overtime Kairos pays staff to watch your kids because you miss our pickup window.
Repairing harm to our community may also require that students take part in a restorative justice process designed to help them grow from this experience. For example, if a student littered at lunch, they may help our cleaning crew wipe down tables the next day.