Just like college, Kairos offers meal plans. At the start of each cycle, families have the opportunity to opt into a meal plan if they do not qualify for free lunch. Options include Breakfast + Lunch, Lunch Only, or Breakfast Only.
If you decide mid-cycle that you want to purchase a meal plan, please just give us a call! One of our fabulous Ops Team Members will make sure that you’re all set!
And, if your child has not purchased a meal plan and forgets their lunch, of course we’ll make sure they are fed! You’ll receive an invoice alerting you to the fee due.
Unpaid Meal Policy
Because we know the importance of good nutrition to great thinking, Kairos has taken several steps to increase access to meals and decrease the cost burden:
- We work to ensure that all students who are eligible for free meals get access to them. Expect your child’s coach to answer any questions you may have about the Free and Reduced Priced Lunch Form during your annual home visit
- We never charge families who qualify as “Reduced”. Donations close the gap between the cost of the meal and what the federal government provides us
- We offer cyclical Meal Plans so that you can pre-purchase and not worry about paying on a daily basis
For students who qualify as “paid” based upon their Free and Reduced Priced Lunch Form, their parent or guardian is solely responsible for food payment. Here is what will happen if your child takes a meal and doesn’t pay for it:
- We provide the same meal that all other students receive. We will never single out or shame a student when they owe food payments
- We send home an invoice at least once a cycle indicating fees owed
- If total fees owed exceed $50, a member of Kairos’ Operations Team will set up a meeting with you to discuss next steps, including a long-term payment plan and scholarship options
- If fees are not paid by the end of the year, they will roll over to the next school year