Why we use Vocabulary.com
Kairos Academies’ personalized learning curriculum uses kids' NWEA MAP test scores to give them individualized skills that align to their needs and strengths. Vocabulary.com is one of the online learning platforms that we use to maximize students' growth potential and reach foundational fluency (the other is IXL). Through Vocabulary.com, students can improve their vocabulary and prepare themselves for lifelong learning.
Log onto Vocab.com
Go to your personalized vocab.com list–join it by clicking on the link provided to you. If you don't have the link, you can find it in your progress report or you can ask your coach for it. Please bookmark this page!
- Go to your vocab.com list
- Sign in with your Kairos Google account
- Click on Learn at the top of the page
- Go to “My Assignments” in the toolbar and click “Start practice”
Vocab.com and grades
Both Vocab.com’s and IXL's personalized learning drills grow students' skills and affect their Fundamentals grade for the cycle. Students can raise their grade by logging into their personalized vocab.com class and work on "My Assignments."
- Play "The Challenge"–a game on Vocab.com to further improve your vocabulary
- Participate in "Vocabulary Jams" and compete with users across the world
- Have some words from one of your assignments or a book that you're reading that you don't know? Add in a list of words and make your own challenge in the "Quick List"