Your child deserves a school that partners hand-in-hand with you for their success. That’s why Kairos takes our family engagement policy so seriously. We believe parents and guardians deserve a variety of ways to become involved in school functions, procedures, and policies (including this one).
Every year, we reach out to you to see how we can improve the Kairos experience for families and, in particular, we can better include you. Together, we know we can build a community where everyone has a voice and none are left behind.
How To Get Involved
On a day-to-day basis, here are a few ways you can stay involved!
- Respond to your student’s coach’s communications (weekly emails, cyclical calls, quarterly meetings).
- Track progress through the parent portals or iPhone apps for the Summit Learning Platform (academics), School Insight (attendance), or Kickboard (behavior).
If you want to do more (and we hope you do!), here are few more options:
- Join the Kairos Family Council, a parent-led volunteer organization where you can support and direct Kairos through collective parent power.
- Attend Community Nights, bi-annual community celebrations of student work.
- Volunteer to chaperone Experiential Learning Trips, field trips where students apply their learning and curiosity to St. Louis’ cultural treasures.